WE ARE HIRING!
30th April 2021
Information Technology Manager
- Full-Time Position reporting to the VP, Corporate Services
- Competitive Pay
- Private Pension Plan, Paid Sick benefits, Group Benefits, Employee Assistance program
- Work Location: Don Mills/Eglinton
ICL is looking for an experienced, hands-on Information Technology (IT) Manager to oversee and actively participate in the daily operation of our IT Department by managing two closely aligned professional teams split between supporting ICL’s network and infrastructure, and our primary laboratory information system application.
This is a “hands on” leadership role for a candidate who:
- Likes working in a high-paced environment.
- Has ability and prior experience with team and people management.
- Has a sound understanding of networks, computer systems, hardware, and software.
- Has experience in evaluation, analysis, and implementation of IT systems using a framework of best practice change management.
- Has experience in controlling IT budgets.
Overview of Responsibilities:
The incumbent will direct the members of the IT Team, vendors, and external consultants to ensure the following:
- Appropriate configuration and operation of the ICL network infrastructure and its communications.
- On-going network administration.
- Network integrity.
- Implementation of appropriate cybersecurity requirements throughout the organization.
- Support of all key operational software applications.
- Support of all other applications such as, ICL’s cloud-based, documentation archive and retrieval system, and its cloud-based, telephony system.
- Management of all ICL databases.
- Management of direct reports including recruitment, scheduling, performance management, daily supervision and direction of work, coaching.
- Consistent reporting of all IT key performance indicators.
- Monitoring, documentation, and immediate implementation of all releases to operating and application software.
- Computer equipment maintenance and support for all workstation and laptop computers.
- Control change management to the ICL website.
- Recommendation of new IT processes and systems to support the implementation of ICL’s strategies.
- Analysis the business requirements of all ICL Lines of Business and Operational Departments to determine and anticipate their technology needs.
To succeed in this role, the candidate will absolutely need to:
- Have proven experience in organizations that require a high-level of IT sophistication.
- Have outstanding communication and persuasion abilities.
- Have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and leadership skills.
- Have four to five years as an IT Manager.
- BSc or BA in computer science, engineering, or a relevant degree.
- An MSc or MBA will be a plus along with familiarity with HL7 systems language.
How to Apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 15, 2021
In-Common Laboratories (ICL) is an equal opportunity employer. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment.
About ICL https://iclabs.ca
In-Common Laboratories (ICL) is a private, not-for-profit Canadian corporation operating since 1967. ICL is Canada’s only national lab referral coordination network. ICL acts as a broker with access to world-class hospital testing facilities within its referral network. Over 500 Canadian and international clients and their patients benefit by having ICL be responsible for an end-to-end brokerage service for their lab tests. ICL’s Specialty Services was established to provide research clients, physician offices, government agencies, international visitors/students, and other healthcare professionals with better access to high-quality, cost-effective tests. The work of this group is centered around supporting ICL Laboratory Operations with onboarding new clients/test services, organizing various research studies and patient pay services for esoteric testing not covered by Provincial health plans across Canada. In 2012 ICL began the process of re-invention, expanding its business model from traditional hospitals to include patient service centres and the new emerging field of integrative laboratory services (ILS). ICL now supports naturopathic doctors across Canada with a comprehensive test menu and web portal connectivity. Presently ICL has two patient service centres, one in North York and the other in Oakville servicing patients of naturopathic doctors and one laboratory. ICL’s headquarters is located in North York.